Timeline: Henry VII
- 28 January – Henry Tudor was born to Margaret Beaufort at Pembroke Castle. His father, Edmund Tudor was already deceased.
- Henry Tudor was made a ward of Lord Herbert. Herbert was a supporter of the newly crowned Edward IV (Yorkist).
- Lord Herbert was defeated by the Lancastrian faction and executed.
- 4 May – The Battle of Tewkesbury; Lancaster was defeated. After many deaths Henry Tudor is the last of the Lancastrian royal line and was forced to flee abroad. He spent the next 14 years in exile.
- 7 August – Henry arrives at Milford Haven. Anchored at Mill Bay, Pembrokeshire and upcoming coming ashore sinks to his knees, looks to the heavens and says, “Judge me O Lord and favour my cause.”
- 22 August – Henry Tudor defeated Richard III at the Battle of Bosworth.
- 27 October – Henry creates his uncle Jasper Tudor as Duke of Bedford and his step-father Thomas Stanley as Earl of Derby.
- 30 October – Henry Tudor was crowned Henry VII of England at Westminster.
- 10 December – the Speaker of the House of Commons urged Henry VII to act on his promise to marry Elizabeth of York.
- 18 January – Married Elizabeth of York – uniting the houses of York and Lancaster
- 20 September – Birth of first child, son and heir to the throne, Prince Arthur Tudor.
- Lambert Simnel claims to be Edward IV’s nephew, Edward of Warwick
- Elizabeth of York is crown Queen of England.
- 16 June – The Battle of Stoke; Henry VII fought the Earl of Lincoln and Lambert Simnel at Stoke. Simnel was capture and Lincoln was killed.
- 28 November – Birth of second child, a daughter, Princess Margaret Tudor. Margaret would later marry James IV of Scotland and become Queen of Scots.
- Perkin Warbeck claims to be Richard, Duke of York (Edward IV’s son).
- 28 June – Birth of third child, a son, Prince Henry Tudor…future Henry VIII of England.
- Treaty of Etaples is signed; Peace with France.
- 18 March – Birth of fourth child, a daughter, Princess Mary Tudor; She would later become Queen of France and then Duchess of Suffolk.
- Thomas Wolsey is ordained as a priest.
- 21 February – Birth of fifth child, a son, Edmund Tudor (Duke of Somerset)
- Edward, Earl of Warwick, 1st cousin to Elizabeth of York and nephew to Richard III is executed.
- Perkin Warbeck, “The Pretender” is executed.
- 19 June – Death of fifth child Edmund Tudor
- 14 November – Henry’s son Arthur marries Katherine of Aragon
- 2 April – Henry’s eldest son and heir Arthur, Prince of Wales died unexpectedly.
- 2 February – Birth of sixth child, a daughter, Princess Katherine Tudor.
- 10 February – Death of sixth child Princess Katherine Tudor.
- 11 February – Death of Queen Elizabeth of York
- 25 June – Katherine of Aragon became betrothed to Prince Henry
- 29 July – Death of Henry’s step-father, Thomas Stanley, 1st Earl of Derby.
- Thomas Wolsey was appointed chaplain to Henry VII
- 21 April – Death of King Henry VII of England
Elizabeth of York History Queens Henry Tudor Henry VII King of England wars of the roses
Thank you So much for sending All info. On the Tudors!! I love reading everything on the Tudor era! So Great!!!
The Tudor era is endlessly complex and interesting to contemplate.
Thank you for this.